Caliburn cannot find Views if in a separate Project

Jul 28, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Hi,

a very interesting approch to handle problems with lazy loading of modules. I started a small demo-project using LazyScreen, LazyConductor, ExportModuleAttribute and so on.

It works fine as long all is in one project (wpf app). It also works fine if common types (LazyScreen, ExportModuleAttribute,...) are in a separate class library as long the IModule-Implementations (Views/ ViewModels) are within WPF-App-Project.

If a new class-library is included and Views/ ViewModels (except ShellView/ ShellViewModel of course) are moved to the class-library project the Metadata will be read fine and the Listview within ShellView is populated with Metadata.Title as expected. But after clicking the entry Caliburn shows the message 'Cannot find view for ClassLibrary3.HomeViewModel.'
HomeViewModel and HomeView are located within root of ClassLibrary3. As Views/ViewModels where located within the WPF-App these parts where also within root and it worked fine.

Any idea why Caliburn cannot find the view? Thanks a lot!

schue

Coordinator
Aug 9, 2012 at 8:27 AM

Hi,

I'd suggest to get source codes for C.M and debug C.M code while trying to load the views.

I have no idea why this happens :-(

Gusta