Preparing your database
After you downloaded the source code, you must establish Coproject database.
1. Open (CoprojectSourceCodes)\db\Database.zip
2. Extract Database.mdf into \src\Coproject\Coproject.Web\App_Data
3. Double-click the file in Solution Explorer
4. It should then open Server Explorer
If your local SQL Express instance is running as .\SQLEXPRESS the application should be able to connect to the database now. If not, continue:
5. Hit F4 to open Properties
and copy Connection String value to clipboard.
6. Open Web.Config and find key CoprojectEntities
7. Scroll to the right until you find
provider connection string="Data Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;AttachDbFilename=|DataDirectory|\Database.mdf;Integrated Security=True;User Instance=True;MultipleActiveResultSets=True"
8. Replace the content between "
with connection string in your clipboard.
You should be able to connect to the database now.
Other database sources
You can also use \db\CreateDatabase.sql to create a database on your own. In that case, you have to update connection string in Web.config as described above. You may also remove missing link to App_Data/Database.mdf from solution.